Email marketing is one of the longest-lived branches of digital marketing and more conversion can bring in campaigns based on permission marketing email or permission-based email marketing. That is, send emails only to users who have legally given us their consent to do so. In this way we start with which the user previously has to be interested in us. It is important that clients have been previously informed of topics that may be of interest to them, and that they are the ones who decide and request to receive the mails. In addition email allows us to better skew our target and reach it more quickly and directly.
The effectiveness of email marketing has recently been judged with the emergence of social networks, however recent data show that the best return on investment comes from investing in email marketing. According to the monthly report published in February 2013 on comScore spend an average of 2.7 hours per month in their mail trays. In the email has an approximate penetration of 80% of the audience.
E-mail continues to be an effective and indispensable tool for spreading quality content because it allows you to create a direct and personalized relationship with customers, affiliates or subscribers.
Some important aspects are essential as fundamental pillars to make the email marketing campaign effective:
Keep a database clean, clean and with up-to-date information. It will allow you to reach your real users and be more likely to succeed.
You can create two types of mailing lists:
- Our own database. Make the shipments of our database, based on the data that we have been collecting from our customers (prior consent). Having the consent of the user before sending a commercial message you have a database more qualified and with greater percentage of success. Helps to keep customers loyal.
- Contracting to third parties. It involves the purchase of databases to related companies. You have to be cautious with these hirings and make sure that there is a legal consent from the users of the data transfer. This practice increases traffic to the web.
If we have also obtained a confirmation by the user double opt-in (double confirmation) we ensure higher quality in shipping and a cleaner database with active accounts. However if it is by single opt-in, confirmations are not verified, so it subtracts quality from the database and brings more quantity, and rebound rates are higher.
Create Newsletters attractive and impactful
It is important to pay attention and diligence in newsletters starting with an effective subject line. 35% of the recipients open their email only motivated by the subject line, this should be clear, brief, energetic, original, personal and impressive As well as take care of the content. If done well it will help us to increase sales and therefore conversion and customer loyalty.
Set up a landing page with no distractions and clear call to action actions
It is the page to which we want to direct the recipients of the email. Either by creating a special mini site for a promotion or by creating an exclusive page on the web. This page has to be clear and intuitive with the least distractions possible for the user to achieve his goal quickly and with clear calls to action or call to action.
Analyze metrics in real time and quickly evaluate your actions
It is one of the great advantages of this marketing model, it allows to monitor all the actions and to measure the results quickly of the campaign.
Of which we highlight:
- CTR The clickthrough rate of the users in the message.
- CTOR Rate of clicks on the emails opened in the links. It allows us to better segment the interests of users and measure the effectiveness of the message.
- OPEN RATE It is the rate of opening of mails with respect to those sent. A good open rate would be considered from 20%.
- DELIVERY RATE These are the emails that arrive in the inbox. This should be 99’9%, our intention is to get all the mails.
- CONVERSION RATE Indicates the conversion percentage of users in purchases, subscriptions, registrations, leads …
- UNSUSCRIBE RATE It is the rate of users that have been discharged.
- VIRAL RATE This is the percentage of users who have received the mail and have forwarded it later.