In many businesses and corporations I think we cannot measure and value a good leader until we have not seen in the sand managing a period of crisis. Individuals and professionals in general when the wind blows in the right direction and we tend to be good managers is quite simple to put the best possible attitude even when we counter that is where the real value and demonstrated leadership skills. Those who are strong in adversity will be those who respect and admiration of his professional environment win.
1- Avoid crisis: The best prevention management begins in the same
2- Prepare for manage it: Be prepared to make the appropriate changes.
3- Recognize: and above all in time to not have wasted precious time.
4- Contain: In early stages have to work hard so that the context does not worsen.
5- Resolve: Effectively to not look like a temporary patch.
6- Learn from it: This phase sometimes forgets and leaves us at the mercy of the next crisis.
For this process can be carried naturally and without leaving a dent in the company must be clear certain approaches and ideas that step detail below:
– 100% commitment: we must be committed to the cause to pass that value to the rest. This will have to come from the conviction operational carried out.
– Managing a crisis does not mean hiding it , so when it is detected, communicates with honesty and realism to convey the right direction
– Contain emotions: a crisis often causes fear, confusion, nervousness, pessimism. All those feelings seen from a productive perspective not contribute anything positive, so you have to hold it and set it aside.
– Do not discuss the causes and origins of the crisis during the process: there will be time for all this in the subsequent analysis
– To extend the decision-making: it must be a very communicative process with the environment and thus to advance group
– Encouraging creativity: crises often ask what structural changes are and is much better face them with some wit
– Simplifying processes to put the focus on the most pragmatic way of solving problems. Certain protocols are designed for normal times and in a problematic context is good speed.
– As a leader, showing decision shares. Any hesitation may impact negatively on the process
– Increase skills to the best adapted components. In all groups of people, whether we like it or not, there are different human reactions and different levels of commitment to common causes. You have to reward adaptability to change, identifies those who have reacted better and rely on them to get ahead.
– Commends the small victories during the process, it will help boost morale and feel closer to achieving objectives.
When you get to spend the brunt of a crisis period, it is recommended to enter a period of reflection in which to set as the origins and causes and start working on taking action responsibly to avoid new crisis should the near future. Because if everything has been done well, the company is strengthened and a good leader as well.
What do you think are the main qualities that a good leader must have in a period of crisis?