Keeping your vehicles safe and roadworthy during the winter months can be a bit of a challenge. Cars do not react well to the bad weather that occurs in these months, and it’s a good idea to constantly check all the various parts of the car that are exposed to the elements. Here are some things you can do to ensure all is as it should be.
- Tyres. These are the most important things on your car in the winter. They will keep your vehicle on the road and maintain grip. However, the tyre is lonely as good as the grip you have on them. Use a depth gauge to check you have plenty of treads and that the tyres are correctly inflated.
- Trailer Parts. If you have a trailer, you need to ensure that all of its parts are operational. If you need it, say to bring the Christmas tree home, then the trailer has to be roadworthy just as much as the car does. However, serious issues can occur if it does not. Look to suppliers like autoandtrailer.
- Wipers. Without your wipers, you can’t see out. The amount of rubbish that gets thrown up onto the windscreen in the winter is considerable, so you need them to be tip-top.
- Windscreen cleaner. On the other side, you also need to ensure that your windscreen washer bottle is complete and has some kind of detergent.
- Brake fluid and Engine coolant. The car has to work much harder in the winter, so it will need to be topped up with these vital liquids.