The Ford Transit is one of the best selling vehicles in the UK and Europe. Over the years it’s grown to be the one of the best selling light goods transport vehicles on the market. It is such a common sight on UK roads that the name Transit has become synonymous with all Vans, even when it’s not a Ford. It’s one of the many options offered by Autolyne Van Leasing, a Van Leasing Bristol based company. Continue reading A brief history of the Ford Transit
Keeping your vehicles safe and roadworthy during the winter months can be a bit of a challenge. Cars do not react well to the bad weather that occurs in these months, and it’s a good idea to constantly check all the various parts of the car that are exposed to the elements. Here are some things you can do to ensure all is as it should be.
- Tyres. These are the most important things on your car in the winter. They will keep your vehicle on the road and maintain grip. However, the tyre is lonely as good as the grip you have on them. Use a depth gauge to check you have plenty of treads and that the tyres are correctly inflated.
- Trailer Parts. If you have a trailer, you need to ensure that all of its parts are operational. If you need it, say to bring the Christmas tree home, then the trailer has to be roadworthy just as much as the car does. However, serious issues can occur if it does not. Look to suppliers like autoandtrailer.
- Wipers. Without your wipers, you can’t see out. The amount of rubbish that gets thrown up onto the windscreen in the winter is considerable, so you need them to be tip-top.
- Windscreen cleaner. On the other side, you also need to ensure that your windscreen washer bottle is complete and has some kind of detergent.
- Brake fluid and Engine coolant. The car has to work much harder in the winter, so it will need to be topped up with these vital liquids.
There are several tips that need to be considered when driving with a trailer. If this is your first time with an attachment hooked to the rear of the car it is a good idea to appraise yourself of what you will need to do. It is a very different experience when handling a trailer as the car or vehicle immediately grows in size. Therefore you have to have your wits about you. Here are a few pointers to remember before you set off. If it’s clear that you need some Trailer Parts before you even begin, it’s best to visit these experts first at Auto and Trailer.
- Check that the trailer is in good condition. This means checking that it’s tyre pressures are correct and that there is plenty of tread on the tires. Just like a car, trailers are liable to skidding if the tyres are defective.
- Slow down. You will not be able to drive at the normal speed you would in an unattached vehicle. The extra weight from the trailer will change the nature of the car’s steering. You should also check the highway code for what legislation there is regarding driving with trailers. overtaking for example is not allowed
- Be more aware. Although you would be like this at the best of times in an unattached vehicle with a trailer on the back of the car or van you need to be even more aware of other road users around you. For example, pulling out of a junction will require more care and attention than before.
- Ensure that the trailer is evenly balanced. Whatever you are placing in the back of the trailer must be of an equally distributed weight. The trailer could overbalance and also cause issues with the car’s handling if it is wrongly weighted.
- Make sure that whatever is in the trailer is securely fastened down and cannot slip about.
A fleet of vehicles is a big part of many businesses in the UK and managing a fleet can be a challenging task! If you are in the position of running a fleet of vehicles – maybe you have recently set up your own company, or maybe you have inherited the job within your company?
Here are a few things to remember if you are running a fleet of vehicles…
The first thing to think about is the maintenance of the vehicles. Vehicles are required by law to be regularly checked, so you can book this in on a service schedule to ensure that they aren’t all booked in at the same time! The other thing that you need to do is get the drivers to perform daily vehicle checks – get them to fill in a checklist to highlight any problems that they notice. These can be resolved straight away then and this prevents many problems developing into bigger and more expensive problems.
It is also a good idea to look into tracking your vehicles. This is something that can help you in many ways. It is easy to do and you will find lots of vehicle tracking companies who can help with this. It is a great way to help you with route planning – planning routes more effectively will help to save money on fuel. It is also a good way to see where your drivers are so you can pass detailed information on to customers who are awaiting a delivery for example.
It is hard to get an idea what to do if you get locked out of your car. The best thing that you can do is to call a local locksmith service. When you can’t get to a nearby locksmith service centre, the internet can be the best way to search for a company that offers home and automobile emergency lock services. You should make sure that the company is recognized as being legitimate and that it can be trusted to work for you. Moreover, in order to ensure that you are getting only the best service, you should be able to choose from a number of options.
The most important thing that you should consider when looking for the right service provider is that you have to make sure that they are licensed. If they are not licensed, you will not be able to get them to help you get locked out of your car. They should be able to handle the situation professionally so that you will not have to pay excessive fees charged by unlicensed service providers. For a Locksmith Southend on Sea, visit a site like Brights, a top Locksmith Southend on Sea
Before deciding which locksmith services to choose, you should first find out how much the cost of the services will be. You should compare the prices of different companies so that you can get a company that will be most suitable for your needs. You should also consider the kind of emergency services that the company provides. If you don’t need fast response, then you shouldn’t get a company that offers 24-hour emergency services. On the other hand, if it’s late at night, then you should choose a company that provides 24-hour emergency services.
The word icon tends to be overused these days, but in the case of the Land Rover Defender it’s well justified. Few vehicles, other than perhaps the original VW Beetle, are so instantly recognisable and have had such a long production life. Continue reading Land Rover Defender Reaches the End of the Line