Most guys dress extremely well but if you’ve ever felt like ‘that guy’ who gets it all wrong, here are some common style mistakes to avoid at all costs:
- Thinking tight clothing will hold it in – This works for both men and women. As we age and spread a little in various different regions, never kid yourself that skin tight clothes will hold it all together. Far better to choose well-fitting, tailored pieces that show off your best bits. For quality Tommy Hilfiger Menswear, visit a site like Louis Boyd
- Trousers that are too long – Never wear a pair of trousers or jeans that create a puddle on top of your shoes. There must be no fabric bunching but trousers should just gently brush the top of your shoes.
- Avoid shiny clothes – Shiny patent shoes and a touch of jewellery is one thing but your clothes should never be shiny. This indicates cheap fabrics and looks especially bad on a suit.
- Don’t confuse your accessories – The right accessories can make an outfit but the wrong choices can ruin it completely. Be subtle and simple but never overdo the accessorizing.
- Wearing deep V-neck tops – This is never a good look so just leave it to Simon Cowell and Russell Brand. Whether you’re freshly waxed or sporting a hairy chest, nobody wants to see it this way.
- Wearing gym wear outside the gym – Athleisure or streetwear is one thing. Wearing neon compression shorts or nylon tracksuits is a no-no unless you are actually on a running track!