Prime Time, the golden time slot for television networks; Those hours at the end of the day, when the audience sits resolutely in front of the television, ready to receive all the content that it shows, can be an opportunity to engage mobile users. Arbitron Mobile shows that it also coincides with the moment when mobile users end their period of games and social interactions.
The study, which examines the use that individuals make of mobile devices, depending on the time of day, has shown that from 8 to 10 at night is when users prefer to play with their mobile and interact in social networks. Since then, their interest in this activity declines, so it is a good time to get their attention and direct them to other channels.
Arbitron Mobile classifies the activity that users perform with their mobile device according to the time of day:
- Between 4 and 5 o’clock in the afternoon, behavioral patterns with mobile phones change substantially, leaving behind the intrinsic activities of communication, such as calls and messages, to engage in other activities, more playful and social .
- From 5 o’clock, the frequency in the number of calls drops significantly, at the same time that the demand of games and the presence in social networks begins to increase. A habit that reaches its highest frequency when the 9 arrive.
- Users slightly decrease the number of messages sent around 4 in the afternoon, a decrease that extends until 9, from when there is a noticeable cessation in this activity.
- The use of mobile games and social networking activity accelerates between 5 and 6 in the afternoon, extending until 10 o’clock, which shows a considerable decline, which does not go back until the morning of the day following.
- The use of mobile applications is the only one that is kept constant throughout the day that the study is (from 10 in the morning to 10 at night).
This data helps to understand the behavior of users, as well as the use of their mobile devices and when the greatest activity is recorded, or what is the demand for content at each moment of the day. It can be very useful to know our target audience and know how to interact with it, or when it is more receptive.