Clogged drains are common and very frustrating. It may seem that no matter how many times you must unblock them, they ultimately become clogged again. That’s why prevention is key. Don’t wait until they’re clogged to give the drains any attention.
- Get your drains checked regularly by arranging a CCTV Drain Survey Cheltenham. A CCTV drain survey uses the latest remote access technology to check the inside of your drains. They will identify any problems, as well as blockages. They may even offer high pressure water jetting to clean the pipes.
- Prevent food, coffee grounds and oil from going down the kitchen drains. These are the biggest culprits when it comes to drain blockages. Oil can be collected and re-used. Food should be thrown into the food waste or the compost, along with the coffee grounds.
- Never flush wet wipes down the toilet. Even if the packet for the wipes says that they are flushable, do not risk blocking the drains, and throw them away instead of flushing. Even better would be to not use them. They are harmful to the environment and often end up polluting rivers and the sea.
- Keep hair out of the bathroom drains by using a hair-catcher, then throw away the hair and dirt.
- If you are using building materials, do not rinse grout, or cement down the drain as they contain hardening chemicals that can cause blockages. As you can probably imagine, they are extremely hard to clean from the inside of pipes.
Hopefully these tips will help prevent your drains from getting clogged. I know from experience that by following these five tips, clogged drains can remain a thing of the past.