Best Reasons to use a Courier Service
When you have a parcel to send or you’re a business that sends out goods ordered online then it’s a good idea to use a courier. Here are the reasons why:
- Round the clock service – a courier company can collect and deliver any time of day or night, on any date. This includes weekends, evenings and public holidays when other delivery services won’t operate. This is perfect for last-minute emergencies or time-sensitive items that need to be sent straightaway.
- Save Money – if you have heavy or large items to send then using a courier can save you considerable amounts of money when compared to other forms of shipping. This is because a courier firm calculates charges by distance rather than weight so if your delivery address is not too far away then a Same Day Delivery Service could well be more economical than an overnight or express service. For more information, visit http://www.uk-tdl.com/
- The benefits of same day delivery are huge for time-sensitive and urgent items. This can help solve your last-minute delivery needs as long as the delivery address is within driving distance to be reached in one day.
- Businesses can save money by not having to maintain a fleet of delivery vehicles themselves. If your business has busy seasonal periods then they can outsource this work to a courier firm which is far more economical in the long run than leasing and maintaining a fleet of company vans.
- You know you can trust the drivers as courier firms provide insurance, background checks for their employees and ongoing service standards that their drivers must adhere to. Couriers will also provide you with shipment tracking details so you know exactly where your item is and they operate 24/7 so there are always dispatchers on duty.
- A courier company will offer delivery options that aren’t available elsewhere and all at a reasonable cost. Unusual or sensitive items, perishables and medicines are all much safer being sent this way. Urgent parts for manufacturing plants or vehicle garages are further examples of items where a speedy same day service might be essential and difficult to post any other way.
- Sending extremely delicate items can also be easily achieved by using a courier. This is known as ‘white glove’ service. Courier firm’s same day services are also essential for the serving of legal process and papers.
- Many high-street retailers are seeking to offer superb customer service by offering same day local delivery. Using a courier firm is a cost-effective way to achieve this and improves customer loyalty, satisfaction and boosts sales.
- Courier companies can be found in almost every town or city in the UK so whether you’re a private sender or a small business, you’ll easily find a delivery solution in your area.
- Get a great deal on customised deliveries for your business, saving you money especially when it comes to repeat deliveries and keep your customers smiling and returning!