Online video as a key pillar in content strategy
Audiovisual content continues to increase its visibility online. Each day, more than 100 million Americans consume online video, a trend that has increased by 43% since 2010. In September 2012 alone, 85% of US Internet users saw some kind of audiovisual content.
Here is not the thing, it is expected that in 2014 half of the internet traffic will be videos. Robert Kyncl, vice president of content for YouTube goes further, predicting that in the near future videos make up 90% of web traffic.
- Get more impact for your message, thus increasing your recall rate. 46% of users recognize that the appearance of a product or service in an online video prompts them to want to find out more about it. Also, if a picture is worth a thousand words, one minute of video is equivalent to 1.8 million words.
- Reach the mobile audience. 54.6 million people consume videos through their handheld devices. It is a medium of high penetration among the general public, where brands have to strive to make a dent.
- Reach much of the audience. More than half of Internet users in the United States watched online videos in 2012; Which is 167 million people. Not in vain, YouTube is the second largest search engine.
What are companies doing about it?
EMarketer figures indicate that in the United States 87% of companies already include video within their content marketing strategy. However, according to the infographics, it occupies the sixth place in the scale of types of actions of marketing of contents, where the Social Media occupies a preferential place.
Although all is said, companies are aware of the need to generate this type of content. 70% of the companies generate audiovisual content, and 58% bet on the creation of webinars and webcasts.
Among the main objectives pursued by brands with this type of content appears to sell, as it could not be otherwise, followed by offering useful information on products and entertain the audience.
What are the preferred channels for broadcasting audiovisual content?
Besides being a content highly demanded by users, it is a very viralizable format, which allows you to transmit it through many channels:
- Inserted in the web. It is easily embedded in web pages, blogs or registration forms in a way that enriches the content of the page, favors the conversion of the visit, or translates into leads of interested customers.
- YouTube. 61% of B2B companies already use it to promote their videos. Its potential as a social network also allows to promote the vitalization of the content, as well as to increase its notoriety between the contacts of the users. For its part, personalized channels can act as a powerful tool for branding and user loyalty, thanks to the subscriptions.
- E-mail marketing. The video can offer added value content to this type of direct communication messages, improving the results of the campaign and increasing its convertibility. There is evidence that video increases CTR by up to 13%.
- Social Networks. Half of the social network users like to find videos in the profiles of those brands that follow. In addition, it is very easy to share a video through the main social platforms. These, on the other hand, facilitate the visibility, in such a way that they attract the attention of the receiver.
- Adapted for mobile devices. This year, the number of smartphones is expected to exceed that of PC. Users spend up to 3 times more time viewing audiovisual content on their mobile devices than with their computer or laptop.
How important is video in your online content strategy?